Thursday, July 21, 2011

Don't Judge Me

Ever feel like you are always being judged negatively? First let me say, I'm a young mother (24 yrs old) to 3 wonderful children. Yes I did have my first child at 18, right after I graduated high school. Obviously things I had planned out after high school didn't go according to plan. But life always throws you curveballs.
Now I hate how people nowadays are viewing young mothers. TV shows like "Teen Mom"  and ""16 and Pregnant" have given young mothers a HUGE bad name! Of course you see the girls on there who do not want to give up their teen ways and want to party, go out with friends, etc. But really is that true for all young moms? In my case, NO! I didn't dream about going out, going to concerts; I had dreams of watching my child grow up, me being my child's role model and a extremely happy family. Which has been pretty accurate so far.
Also I was being judged for not being married to my child's father. Why? Why rush into marriage? Why cna't we make a family for us? I had my first daughter at 18 and I didn't get married to her father until I was almost 21. We wanted to make sure we could provide a stable and safe home for our child.
But of course there are people out there that do not agree with my method of life events. Really who's life is it? I know people will always have something to say but why can't we forget about the negatives and focus on the positives.
I am a young mother who does everything I can for my children. Why not make a show about that?

1 comment:

  1. People who judge are just insecure in their own skin and in their own lives. They need to seek out ways to put others down in order to feel good about themselves.

    Rest assured that there are probably many people who understand, respect and honour the decisions you've made in your life.

    ReplyDelete