Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Jocelyn comes home from school with a ton of artwork for me to celebrate Mother's Day. She also had to put together a book about me. My daughter knows me so well! It was so cute, one of the questions was "Your mother's favorite food is.." and she says "Potatoes". Yum I love some potatoes. What really got me was "What does you mom do.." her answer "Taking care of the family." I'm glad that my work does not go unnoticed.

I wanted to wish all the moms I know, a VERY HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

How did I get to where I am today thou? It all started in high school, I met this cute guy, and we fell deeply in love. Well after graduation a few months later guy and girl had their first daughter.
I traded my life of going out with friends for watching Dora the Explorer. I never had the real after high school life. While my friends were out partying at the clubs, I was at home partying with my daughter and fiance. While my friends were out getting drunk, I was at home cleaning sippy cups. But I've noticed that all that stuff Imissed out in, I would never want to do anyways.
A couple years later, me and my hubby decided we wanted to expand, and soon later we had our second child. Alot of my friends were graduating from college, I was graduating my oldest out of diapers. Also I was a working mom. Working 40 hours a week to help my family strive and grow.
And later at our surprise, I was carrying another lil one. And 9 months later, we welcomed the first boy to the bunch. Today I am a mom to a school age child, a toddler, and an infant. Can we say I have my hands full?!?
Now that may not seem like much to some, it means the world to me. Some are still trying to find themselves, I have found the man of my dreams and have the family I have wished for since I thought about having kids.
I love my life, and my family...so again HAPPY Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment